This is a great recipe for those of you not wanting to dirty up a bunch of dishes, but still looking for something that is whole 30 and paleo! Read on for the recipe:
Chicken with Bacon + Green Beans - Single Skillet
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 31g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 strips center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into thin cutlets
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc (use broth for Whole30 or Paleo)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces French green beans
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until brown and crisp. Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Discard the majority of the bacon grease, but leave thin coating in the pan.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. Add to the skillet. Cook until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add the shallots to the now empty skillet and sauté 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Add the broth, wine and thyme and stir.
- Add the green beans, increase the heat to medium-high and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and the green beans are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken breasts and green beans to a serving platter.
- Season beans with 1/8 teaspoon salt and fresh pepper.
- Pour chicken juices into sauce with 1/8 teaspoon salt, stir and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Pour sauce over the chicken and green beans and top with chopped bacon.
dEVOLVE Fitness http://devolvefitness.com/
Previously Fat Guy