It is the middle of October which means fall is in full swing. The best part about all is the AMAZING healthy food options that become available. Namely, butternut squash. I wait all year long for butternut squash to come into season. Not only is it incredibly heart-healthy, but it is low in fat, high in potassium and has an ample dose of vitamin B6. So, chow down on this super food! Luckily, today I am bringing you a delicious way to incorporate it into your meals this fall!
- ½ lb of Nitrate Free Bacon
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
- 3-4 cup Butternut Squash, cubed
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Sage, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bacon, crumbled
- PREHEAT TO 425
- Cook bacon, and chop or crumble into fine pieces. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, sauté cubed butternut squash in bacon grease until soft.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Remove from skillet & set aside. (if grease looks low, add the coconut oil)
- Add chicken thighs, top down in the skillet & cook for 10 minutes.
- Lightly season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Flip breasts and add the squash in around it.
- Remove the skillet from the stove top & place in your preheated oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Carefully remove from oven, top with crumbled bacon & fresh sage.
If you do decide to make it, let us know! We want to see your creation!!!
Previously Fat Guy