Chicken cordon bleu is ALWAYS a crowd favorite. Try this recipe to make your family’s tastebuds sing!
Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 thin boneless, skinless cutlets, 4 oz each
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thin slices low sodium deli ham, I use Boar’s Head (3 oz total)
- 4 slices light Swiss Cheese such as Alpine Lace (3 oz total)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly dredge the chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off the excess reserving the flour.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of the reserved flour, whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and half of the chicken. Cook 2 minutes on each side, until slightly golden, then transfer to a dish. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and remaining chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side. Set aside on a dish with the other pieces of chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the chicken broth mixture. Whisk scraping up any bits stuck to the pan then simmer 2 minutes to reduce slightly. Return the chicken to the skillet, top each piece with a slice of ham and a slice of swiss, broil for 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly!
dEVOLVE Fitness http://devolvefitness.com/
Previously Fat Guy