A lot of healthy recipes are less than delicious but I can say with ABSOLUTE confidence that this recipe is going to be a house-hold favorite. You are definitely going to want to print this one out and put it in your recipe book. To make this paleo, simply don’t use rice! Enjoy!
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 6 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless), cut into 1"pieces
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Coarse Real Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbl Garam Marsala
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 3 Tbl Tomato Paste
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz Coconut Milk
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the chicken and cook until it is golden brown on all sides. Add the chicken to the slow cooker and put the pan back on the heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, Garam Masala, and paprika and saute for another minute. Stir the tomato paste in and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker along with the can of coconut milk. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Remove the lid of the slow cooker for the last 30 minutes of cooking to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Previously Fat Guy