This has quickly become a favorite of mine (probably because it has garlic in it….one of my absolutely favorite things to add to food)! I have to admit, even I wasn’t so sure about quinoa in the beginning, but I think if you are on the fence about it right now your mind will be totally changed after this. Trust me.
This recipe is paleo, gluten-free and absolutely delicious. Packed with nutrients and vitamins, this is a super food meal!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked and rinsed (I used white, organic quinoa)
- 1 can black beans (low sodium), drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash of sea salt + black pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cans spring water tuna (low sodium)
- Add olive oil to large skillet on medium-low heat.
- Saute onions until tender (roughly 4 minutes) and add garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients as they are listed.
- Cover, bring to boil and reduce heat. Cook 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, drain tuna and add cumin, sea salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Add tuna to quinoa mixture.
- Fluff with large fork and serve.
Previously Fat Guy